All Session 3 and 4 Code Workshops have been completed. Special thanks to Aspirus Hospital Wausau, Aspirus Riverview Hospital and Clinic, Grace Lutheran, UW Health, WI Veterans Home King, Boldt Construction, and JP Cullen Milwaukee for hosting the events. If you missed these sessions, we will be presenting them again in 2020.
Code Central Renewals were due January 31st, 2020. If your facility did not renew, you will no longer have access to the Code Central part of the website. Renewing at this time is still possible, you just will not have access to the website until payment is made. If you are interested in becoming a Code Central member, please look at the "About Code Central" page of our website.
- Code Central Members, we have changed the security sensors on the website so now each facility or member will have their own username and password. THE OLD PASSWORD WILL NOT WORK. If you are having any difficulties signing in, please let someone from Lauzon Life Safety Consulting know.
New This Month
Welcome to the new Lauzon Life Safety Consulting website. We are thankful for Paige and her team at Image Management for helping us make this new website a reality. There will be new features with this website such as tutorial videos, updated documentation, and much more. Please check it out and tell us what you think.
We will be continuing with the Session 5 Code Workshops in February. Make sure to sign up through Ticket Tailor or by emailing Alex at email@example.com We are excited to have you join us. Session 5 will be about Inspections and Documentations.
- Provide another series of Workshop Training Sessions beginning in late spring/early summer of 2020.
- Update training videos to the 2012 Life Safety Code.
- Improve delivery methods for training videos.
Code of the Month
Exit Discharge Direct to the Outside (NFPA 101-2012, 7.7.1)
Exits shall terminate directly at a public way or exterior exit discharge unless otherwise permitted (7.7.1)
Courts, yards, open spaces and other portions of the exit discharge shall be of required width and size to provide all occupants with safe access to the public way (188.8.131.52)
Exit Discharge Interior (NFPA 101-2012, 7.7.2)
Exits may discharge through interior buildings IF all the following are met:
- less than or equal to 50% of the required number of exits through the interior; if new, also less than or equal to 50% of required exit capacity may exit through the interior
- the level of discharge shall discharge directly outside at ground level or via outside stairs or ramp
- the path is free and unobstructed to the exterior, is readily visible and identifiable from the point of discharge from the exit
- The level of discharge is fully sprinkled, OR the pathway is sprinkled and separated from unsprinkled areas with walls rated the same as the exit, OR the pathway is a vestibule/foyer that is less than or equal to 10'x30' & enclosed with 45 minute rated construction and the foyer serves only as a means of egress
- the level of discharge is separated from the floor below with construction that is rated the same as the exit OR the level below the discharge level is an atrium that is permitted to be open to the discharge level per 8.6.7